Extractions / Oral Surgery is a very specialised area of Dentistry.
The main plus being the techniques used and the environments in which the Procedures are carried out.
At Vidadent, we worked with many patients throughout the years carry out extractions in the best possible ways to avoid harming surrounding teeth whilst removing one.
Procedures are also carried out in our state of the art sterile surgeries with high hygiene levels.
You will be offered Anaesthetic and sedation if you are anxious.
Some common reasons for extractions:
- Some people have extra teeth that can block other teeth from coming into the mouth.
- People getting braces have to remove some teeth in order to make room for the teeth that are being straightened.
- Before receiving radiation treatment to the head and neck, some teeth may need to be extracted to avoid future complications.
- Wisdom teeth are commonly extracted in young adults because they can easily become stuck in the bone (impacted) and will create an area in the mouth that is very difficult to keep clean. This can irritate the gum and the other teeth causing pain and swelling.
Before taking a tooth out our dentist will review your medical and dental history and get x-rays of the area to prepare for the removal of the teeth.
If you are having multiple teeth removed or all of your wisdom teeth removed, you may need a panoramic x-ray. This x-ray takes a picture of all your teeth at once and can help with locating wisdom teeth that cannot be seen in other x-rays. The panoramic x-ray will also show the relationship of your teeth to the sinuses, nerves and other structures within your mouth.
Sometimes, you may need antibiotics before an extraction if any of the following are present:
- An infection in the area of the tooth.
- If you have a weak immune system.
- If you have specific medical conditions such as heart problems.
Call us to book your appointment:
02077291385 / 07575222862
Or use the email form on the left to contact us.
You can also find us on Social Media: